Wednesday 10 November 2010

Rentrée

I've now completed a full week's teaching for the first time since I got here.  The Toussaint holiday definitely had a calming effect on the students: there haven't been any more blockades and I can't imagine any more happening.

I'm a lot more settled in the school now.  It's no longer quite so nerve-racking standing up in front of 12 bored-looking students and trying to get them to speak another language!  I've done some lessons discussing immigration and CCTV which went down a lot better than I'd hoped.  One student even knew the book "1984" by George Orwell when we discussing surveillance and CCTV!

That's all for now, it's Remembrance Day tomorrow, and in France you know what that means: a jour férié.  So, no school tomorrow.

A la prochaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment